Monday, July 4, 2011

Best way to celebrate the Fourth of July? Skiing of course.


Skiing and smiling is fun. Try it.

So many people to watch and laugh about

So happy to be skiing again!

Alex and me on the top!

The moment I found out that I had the third and fourth of July off I instantly knew what I would be doing to celebrate the Nation's holiday. Skiing Snowbird with my family! I have waited 18 years to do this and I finally got too! Because of a soccer tournament in 2005 I wasn't able to go then but six years later and the snow decided to stick around a couple extra months. YES! Alex, my dad, and I got up at 5 and rolled out of the driveway at 5:31...four minutes ahead of schedule might I add. We pulled into the parking lot around 7:20, booted up, and headed for the Tram. But first I must purchase my "I skied the Bird July 4, 2011" shirt. So worth it. It started to rain a little here and there and the sky was grey. Not a problem: kept the snow at a decent temperature. Problem: I wouldn't receive a goggle burn...but when do I ever. We took about five runs and called it quits because the lines were getting way too long and there were a few too many skiers that were above the legal consumption amount of alcohol. So entertaining. In-N-Out on the way home topped off the perfect end to the 2010-2011 ski season! And now it's back to work in the morning...I hope everyone enjoyed Independence Day as much as I did!


2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun morning! I think the day deserved a "memorable ski day" badge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that we earned many badges that day!!

    ReplyDelete