Monday, June 20, 2011

Some of my favorite people thus far...

I'm blogging which means I'm at McDonald's sipping on a DP.
I seriously need to find a way to take pictures of the people that come into the store! I could sit here for hours and hours and describe the people that I talk to everyday. I often find myself biting my lip so I don't laugh when people walk into the store. It's great. Some of my "favorites" so far have been the fine gentleman with a mustache that no lie curled up pass his glasses and to the middle of his forehead. Maybe it was That Isom boy's dad... Another favorite was the hard core Harley chick that came in with her posse smelling highly of smoke. I was gagging from her stench but pulled it together as she purchased a sticker. She was covered in tattoos and her hair flowed down past her hips. The best part was her utilization of her phone holder that she had on her belt. Not only was it fancy but it wasn't holding a phone, it was indeed holding a pack of cigarettes. So classy and so easily accessible. Such a smart gal.
Some other favorites include the wannabe cowboys/cowgirls that bought the cheapest pair of boots that they could find to wear for one week along with the newly purchased Wranglers. They can hardly walk in the boots and really don't fit in. If they wanted to fit in they should have just rented a Subaru and dressed normally. I laugh and I'm sure all of the locals laugh as well.
I'm reminded daily from a lot of customers on how beautiful Logan canyon is and how jealous they are of me for living so close to such a beautiful canyon. It makes my day when they say, "Oh! You're from Logan?! We drove through there on our way up here and absolutely loved the canyon! It's so beautiful." Puts a smile on my face every time.
I meet people from around the world everyday and I've even been able to use my high school french skills. Thanks Madame B. I can't wait for more fun people to arrive!
RANDOM SIDE NOTE: The shower now drains! Best thing that has happened up here yet! I love not having to stand in 5 inches of dirty water in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. Do you want me to send you a plug for the shower so it won't drain anymore? HaHaHa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you're so funny. Thanks but no thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People watching is the best. I love the cigarettes in the phone holder. You do need a spy camera so that you can keep a pictorial of all these lovely folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam I'm glad you have stories of crazy people! Now that we are not living at the apartments I'm going through withdrawals from crazy people stories. Love the biker chick's cigarette holder. Classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're having withdrawals then feel free to spend a day up here!! Haha you'll have your fix in no time :)

    ReplyDelete