Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm old enough to blog? Sweet.

Since I'm living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming this summer I decided that it would be fun to start a blog and tell about all of the fun and crazy people that I come across and the adventures that I enjoy. I'm working at Jackson Trading Company and it is located right on the town square next to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar...my favorite. Getting off work at ten and having a famous bar next to you makes a GREAT combo. Not.
Feel free to visit if you're in the area! I love seeing familiar faces. :)
So far I've met some VERY INTERESTING people and I'm sad I can't snap pictures of them while working. Maybe a hidden camera will need to be purchased...
The housing is pretty gross and I'm tempted to clean things up but I know if I get started I won't stop until it meets my standards. And that could take more than a day.
We had a bed bug scare the other day in one of the rooms and I about quit but thankfully the girl just had an allergic reaction to her medication that made it look like she had little bites all over her arms and legs.

Some other fun facts:
  • At the end of my (cold) shower I'm standing in ankle deep water because the drain is verrrrrry slow. Gross. Who likes standing in cold, dirty water? Not this girl.
  • My closet contains all of my food...it looks like the Island Market!
  • I'm positive I will have back problems at the end of the summer. The mattress is HORRIBLE. Maybe I should have a bed bug scare and get a new mattress out of it...
  • I feel like I'm at risk for second hand smoke cancer every day. Is that safe?
  • Driving to and from Logan alone is quite fun. I'm such a horrible singer.
I hope to get pictures soon!
Oh and updating this will be random since I don't want to pay for internet up there. I may have to take McDonald's up on their free Wi-Fi with a purchase of their products and treat myself to their Dr. Pepper once a week.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma mentioned the bed bugs the other day on the phone. So glad it was a false alarm. I wondered if your parents would even let you back into Logan if there really were bed bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam please don't get bed bugs! Ewww! Also Clark is a pro at unclogging drains if you need us to take a trip up to Jackson so you don't have to stand in yucky water. Ah the joys of living in "college type housing".

    ReplyDelete